Random notes and commentary on illustration, urban sketching, art and visual communication by newspaper artist and Urban Sketchers founder Gabriel Campanario.

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Day in Sketches

Many websites bring you "The Day in Photos." The project I'm launching today aims to show "The Day in Sketches" instead.

Monday through Friday, I plan to curate a timely slideshow of quality sketches that capture slices of life and current events around the globe.

My goal is to create a pictorial report that meets this criteria:
  • Timeliness: I'd like to include sketches drawn in the last 24 hours, but this may be tough at first. If I can't find optimum sketches drawn within that time frame, I'll aim for the most recent drawings available.
  • Newsworthiness: I'll be seeking sketches that reflect subjects of special interest or importance.
  • Geographic and cultural diversity: I want the sketches to take me to places I've never been and introduce me to cultures I know little about.

If you like the idea, please give it a shout via Facebook or Twitter. You may also email me your flickr username if you'd like to be part of the group of artists whose work I'll follow as I make selections for the slideshow. If you are not on flickr, email me a link to your blog.

1 comment: